Getting married is a bold and exciting step to take within a relationship. Choosing to come to church for your marriage service is a way of witnessing to your love and commitment to one another in front of your friends and families and in the presence of God.
We hope that in your preparations and in your marriage you will experience the love, grace and blessing of God.
Can I get married in St Mary’s?
If just one of these conditions applies then you are welcome to be married here:
- one of you was baptised or prepared for confirmation in the parish
- one of you has ever lived in the parish for six months or more;
- one of you has at any time regularly attended public worship in the parish for six months or more at any time before the wedding takes place;
- one of your parents has lived in the parish for six months or more in your lifetime;
- one of your parents has regularly attended public worship here for six months or more in your lifetime;
- your parents or grandparents were married here.
You can check the parish boundaries at:
Booking Your Wedding
If you could like to enquire about a wedding please contact one of the Clergy. You can also come to St Mary’s on a Tuesday evening between 6.00pm and 7.00pm to discuss your wedding and you can ask any questions you might have then. You will be asked to pay a deposit to confirm your booking.
The Church of England’s wedding website offers some helpful suggestions as you plan your day here.