Thu15Feb20187:15 pmSt Mary's Churchn Sherburn
Thu05Apr20187:00 pmSt Mary's Church, Sherburn
Pick up your tickets for our Annual Beetle Drive and Hot dog event at St Marys in the Narthex on Thursday 5th April 7pm, all are welcome, tickets from the Church & Churchwardens. Admission £3.
Sat30Jun201810am - 2.30pm Sherburn Village Community Centre
The St Mary’s summer fair will take place in Sherburn Village Community Centre. There will be lots of stall, bacon butties and homemade cakes. Do come along!
Sat08Sep201810am - 2pnSt Mary's Church Sherburn
As part of the St Mary's Patronal Festivalm, the church will be open from
10am ~ 2pm on Saturday 8th September. Tea ~ Coffee ~ Bacon Butties ~ Cakes
Handbags & Jewellery Stall ~ Household Textiles ~ Tombola
On Sunday 9th September the Patronal Festival Service will be held at at St. Mary’s at
Wed07Nov20187:30 pmSt Mary's Church, Sherburn
Thu08Nov2018Sun11Nov201810am-4pmSt Mary's Church
St Mary's Poppy Festival - 10am-4pm Thursday - Saturday | 12pm - 4pm Sunday
St. Mary’s Church will be decorated with Poppies and memorabilia from WW1, in addition St. Mary’s is celebrating the award of “There but not there” Twenty One Silhouettes funded by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust which will form the major part of our Festival and we hope will bring our Community together to remember and to think about the Armed Forces today.
Entry is free, donations are welcome. Detailed below is a list of planned features on display around the Church, please do visit.
- Windows full of Poppies, WW1 Medals, Memorabilia and War Poems from WW1
- “There but not there” Twenty one Silhouettes located around the Church to remember the Twenty one soldiers from the Village who lost their lives.
- Model of an Unknown “Tommy” Soldier
- Window full of Cornflowers, French memorabilia & display to other nations who lost their lives
- Poppy Screen of remembrance at the Church Entrance and War Memorial
- Remembrance Exhibition of those who lost their lives in WW1
- Solitary display of Twenty One soldiers “BOOTS” who lost their lives in WW1
- Window display remembering Women in WW1
- Remembering display to Horses and other animals from WW1
- Places for reflection and Private Prayer
Sat17Nov201810am - 2pm Sherburn Community Centre
Delicious Refreshments + Santa’s Grotto + Cake Stall Grand Draw + Christmas Decorations + Christmas Cards
Tombola + Children’s Stall + Gifts + Kitchen Textiles Cushions + Children’s Books + Handbags
Mother’s Union Stall + Lots More
Coffee and a Bacon Sandwich
Last Saturday of the month
9.30am – 11.30am | Sherburn Community Centre
Pop along for a cuppa, bacon or sausage butty and good old chat.
Knit and Natter
Every other Tuesday
1.30pm – 3pm | St Mary’s Church
Everyone is welcome, we can provide wool, needles, patterns, cup of tea. You need only provide the natter.
2pm | 3rd Monday in the Month, St Mary’s Church
St Mary’s Mothers’ Union meets monthly, usually on a Monday afternoon. The group is concerned with all issues affecting family life in modern society, and is involved in charitable work at home and abroad. Men and women, of all ages and in any family circumstance, are very welcome to join us.
For more information about the Mothers’ Union generally, have a look at the Mothers’ Union website. If you would like to find out more about our group at St Mary’s please contact Jean Wilkinson, our local branch organiser.